verb (dribbl, es)
- A weak, unsteady stream; a trickle.
- A small amount of a liquid.
- In sport, the act of dribbling.
- To let saliva drip from the mouth, to drool
- To fall in drops or an unsteady stream, to trickle
- In various ball games, to run with the ball, controlling its path with the feet
- (basketball) To bounce the ball with one hand at a time, enabling the player to move with it.
- To advance by dribbling
- (transitive) to let something fall in drips
- (transitive) in various ball games, to move the ball, by repeated light kicks
- (transitive) in basketball, to move the ball by repeatedly bouncing it on the floor of the court
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dribble for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dribble