- an early version of a written work
- I have to revise the first draft of my term paper.
- a preliminary sketch, rough outline
- Depth of water needed to float ship also spelled draught.
- a current of air, usually coming into a room or vehicle also spelled draught.
- a cheque, an order for money to be paid
- an amount of liquid that is drunk in one swallow also spelled draught.
- She took a deep draught from the bottle of water.
- conscription, the system of forcing people to serve in the military
- He left the country to avoid the draft.
- (sports) a system of assigning rookie players to professional sports teams
- Referring to drinks on tap as opposed to bottled. (draft beers)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for draft for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of draft