- A geographic area owned or controlled by a single person or organization.
- A sphere of influence.
- A group of related items, topics, or subjects.
- (math) The set of all possible mathematical entities (points) where a given function is defined.
- (context, computing, Internet) Any Domain Name System, DNS domain name, particularly one which has been delegate, delegated and has become representative of the delegated domain name and it's subdomain, subdomains
- BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual (9.3.2), Copyright Â© 2004, 2005 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC"), Copyright Â© 2000-2003 Internet Software Consortium, http://www.bind9.net/manual/bind/9.3.2/Bv9ARM.ch01.html
- :Every name in the DNS tree is a , even if it is terminal, that is, has no subdomains.
- (context, computing, internet) A collection of Domain Name System, DNS or DNS-like domain name, domain names consisting of a delegate, delegated domain name and all its subdomain, subdomains
- (computing) A collection of information having to do with a , the computer, computers named in the , and the network on which the computers named in the reside
- (computing) The collection of computers identified by a 's domain name, domain names
- (context, biology, taxonomy) In the w:Three-domain system, three-domain system, the highest rank in the classification of organisms, above kingdom; in other taxonomic systems, a similarly high rank
- (context, biology, taxonomy) In the three-domain system, one of three taxon, taxa at that rank: (Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukaryota)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for domain for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of domain