verb (divines, divining, divined)
- a theologian or cleric
- (the Divine) a metaphor for a deity, especially the Christian one.
- (transitive) to foretell (something), especially by the use of divination
- (transitive) to guess (something)
- 2005, w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 250c.
- : I suppose that we truly are divining that what is is some third thing when we say that change and stability are.
- (transitive) to search for (underground objects or water) using a divining rod
- of or pertaining to a god
- eternal, holy, or otherwise supernatural.
- of superhuman or surpassing excellence
- beautiful, heavenly
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for divine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of divine