- (countable) The amount of space between two points, usually geographical points, usually (but not necessarily) measured along a straight line.
verb (distanc, ing)
- The to Petersborough is thirty miles.
- (context, uncountable, figurative) The entire amount of space to the objective.
- He had promised to perform this task, but did not go the .
- (context, uncountable, figurative) A considerable amount of space.
- The friendship did not survive the row: they kept each other at a .
- To move away from someone or something.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for distance for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of distance