verb (dismisses, dismissing, dismissed) (transitive)
- To discharge; to end the employment or service of.
- The company dismissed me after less than a year.
- To order to leave.
- The soldiers were dismissed after the parade.
- To dispel; to rid one's mind of.
- He dismissed all thoughts of acting again.
- To reject; to refuse to accept
- The court dismissed the case.
- (cricket) To get a batsman out.
- He was dismissed for 99 runs.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dismiss for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dismiss