- The food and beverage a person or animal consumes.
- The of the Giant Panda consists mainly of bamboo.
- (countable) A controlled regimen of food and drink, as to gain or lose weight or otherwise influence health.
- By extension, any habitual intake or consumption.
- He's been reading a steady of nonfiction for the last several years.
- (countable) A council or assembly of leaders.
- (intransitive) To modify one's food and beverage intake so as to decrease or increase body weight or influence health.
- From diete, from dieta.
- From dieta.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for diet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of diet