- A diminutive of the male given name Richard, often used as a given name its own right.
Etymology: Rhyming nickname for Rick, pet form of Richard.
- 1888: Robert Louis Stevenson, The Black Arrow
- : "But did my make love to you?" asked Joanna, clinging to her
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Dick for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Dick
- (context, UK, US, coarse, slang) The penis.
- (context, UK, US, offensive, coarse, slang) A highly contemptible person.
- (context, Canadian English, uncountable) absolutely nothing.
- Last weekend I did all.
- To mistreat or take advantage of somebody.
- Dude, don't let them you like that!
- To waste time, to goof off.
- Quit ing around and get to work!
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dick for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dick