- The act of determining, or the state of being determined.
- Bringing to an end; termination; limit.
- Direction or tendency to a certain end; impulsion.
- The quality of mind which reaches definite conclusions; decision of character; resoluteness.
- (countable) The state of decision; a judicial decision, or ending of controversy.
- (countable) That which is determined upon; result of deliberation; purpose; conclusion formed; fixed resolution.
- A flow, rush, or tendency to a particular part; as, a determination of blood to the head.
- (countable) The act, process, or result of any accurate measurement, as of length, volume, weight, intensity, etc.; as, the determination of the ohm or of the wave length of light; the determination of the salt in sea water, or the oxygen in the air.
- The act of defining a concept or notion by giving its essential constituents.
- The addition of a differentia to a concept or notion, thus limiting its extent; -- the opposite of generalization.
- The act of determining the relations of an object, as regards genus and species; the referring of minerals, plants, or animals, to the species to which they belong; classification; as, I am indebted to a friend for the determination of most of these shells.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for determination for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of determination