verb (destroys, destroying, destroyed) (transitive)
- To damage beyond use or repair.
- The earthquake destroyed several apartment complexes.
- (computing) To remove data (e.g., from memory), thereby making resources available.
- The memory leak happened because we forgot to the temporary lists.
- (colloquial) To defeat soundly.
- To put down or euthanize an (animal).
- Destroy a rabid dog.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for destroy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of destroy