- A plan (with more or less detail) for the structure and functions of an artifact, building or system.
- A pattern, as an element of a work of art or architecture.
- The composition of a work of art.
- Intention or plot.
- M. Le Page Du Pratz, <i>History of Louisisana</i> (PG), p. 40
- : <i>I give it you without any other <b>design</b> than to shew you that I reckon nothing dear to me, when I want to do you a pleasure.</i>
- The shape or appearance given to an object, especially one that is intended to make it more attractive.
- The art of designing
- Danish design of furniture is world-famous.
- To lay out or plan.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for design for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of design