- An action or act; something that is done.
- I will punish whomever is responsible for this !
- A brave or noteworthy action; a feat or exploit.
- The knight's deeds won the hearts of the people.
- Action or fact, as opposed to rhetoric or deliberation.
- I have fulfilled my promise in word and in .
- A legal contract showing bond.
- I inherited the to the house.
- (colloquial) To transfer real property by deed.
Etymology: dedOld English, dÄd, (West Saxon) díd, dd, from (Ger.) , from (PIE.) dÊÄti-. Cognate with Dutch daad, German Tat, Swedish díd. The PIE root is also the source of Greek , Latin conditio.
- He deeded over the mineral rights to some fellas from Denver.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for deed for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of deed