verb (declin, es)
- downward, Downward movement, fall.
- A sloping downward, e.g. of a hill or road.
- A weakening.
- (intransitive) To move downwards, to fall, to drop.
- The dollar has declined rapidly since 2001.
- (intransitive) To become weaker or worse.
- My health declined in winter.
- (context, transitive, grammar) To list the inflected forms of a noun, pronoun (and in some languages adjective) for case and number.
- (transitive) To refuse.
- On reflection I think I will your generous offer.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for decline for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of decline