verb ( or dares, daring, dared, or archaic durst, dared)
- A challenge to prove courage.
- (intransitive) To have enough courage (to do something).
Etymology: From durran.
- I wouldn't argue with my boss.
- (transitive) To defy or challenge (someone to do something)
- I you to kiss that girl.
- (transitive) To have enough courage to meet or do something, go somewhere, etc.; to face up to
- Will you death to reach your goal?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dare for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dare