- An opening resulting from cutting.
verb (cuts, cutting, cut)
- Look at this on my finger!
- The act of cutting.
- He made a fine with his sword.
- The result of cutting.
- She tried out for the team, but didn't make the .
- A share or portion.
- The lawyer took a of the profits.
- (Cricket) A batsman's shot played with a swinging motion of the bat, to hit the ball backward of point.
- (Cricket) Sideways movement of the ball through the air caused by a fast bowler imparting spin to the ball.
- The act or right of dividing a deck of playing cards.
- The player next to the dealer the deck by placing the bottom half on top.
- The manner or style a garment is fashioned in.
- I like the of that suit.
- A slab, especially of meat.
- That"s our finest of meat.
- (fencing) An attack made with a chopping motion of the blade, landing with its edge or point.
- A deliberate snub, typically a refusal to return a bow or other acknowledgement of acquaintance.
- To perform an incision, for example with a knife.
- I the skin on my arm.
- To divide with a knife, scissors, or another sharp instrument.
- Would you please the cake?
- To separate from prior association; to remove a portion of a recording during editing.
- Travis was from the team.
- To enter a queue in the wrong place.
- One student kept trying to in front of the line.
- (context, cinema, audio) To cease recording activities.
- After the actors read their lines, the director yelled "Cut!"
- To reduce, especially intentionally.
- They're going to salaries by fifteen percent.
- To form or shape by cutting.
- I have three diamonds to today.
- To intersect or cross in such a way as to divide in half or nearly so.
- This road cuts right through downtown.
- (cricket) To make the ball spin sideways by running one's fingers down the side of the ball while bowling it.
- (colloquial) Not to attend a class, especially when this is not permitted.
- I fifth period to hang out with Angela.
- To change direction suddenly.
- The football player to his left to evade a tackle.
- To divide a pack of playing cards into two
- If you then I'll deal.
- (participial adjective) Having been .
- reduce, Reduced.
- The pitcher threw a fastball that was slower than his usual pitch.
- Cut brandy is a liquor made of brandy and hard grain liquor.
- (context, of a gem) carve, Carved into a shape; not raw.
- (cricket, of a shot) Played with a horizontal bat to hit the ball backward of point.
- (bodybuilding) Having muscular definition in which individual groups of muscle fibers stand out among larger muscles.
- (colloquial) circumcised, Circumcised.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cut for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cut