noun (wikipedia, Curl, Curl (mathematics))
- a piece or lock of curling hair; a ringlet
- a spin making the trajectory of an object curve
- (weightlifting): Any exercise performed by bending the arms or legs on the exertion, especially those that train the biceps.
- (curling) Movement of a moving rock away from a straight line
- (mathematics) Vector operator corresponding to the cross product of del and a given vectorial field.
- to cause to curve
- to make into a curl
- (calculus) A vector field denoting the rotation per unit area of a given vector field.
- To take part in curling
Etymology: metathesis, Metathesis of crulle.
- I at my local club every weekend.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for curl for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of curl