Etymology: From Ancient Greek (krisis) "a separating, power of distinguishing, decision, choice, election, judgment, dispute" < (krino) "to pick out, to choose, to decide, to judge".
- a crucial or decisive point or situation; a turning point
- an unstable situation, in political, social, economic or military affairs, especially one involving an impending abrupt change
- a sudden change in the course of a disease, usually at which the patient is expected to recover or die
- a traumatic or stressful change in a person's life
- a point in a drama at which a conflict reaches a peak before being resolved
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crisis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of crisis