noun (cows or kine (archaic))
- A female domesticated ox or other bovine, especially an adult after she has had a calf.
- More generally, any domestic bovine regardless of sex or age.
- The female of larger species of mammal, including bovines, moose, whales, seals, hippos, rhinos, manatees, and elephants.
- (context, UK, derogatory, informal) A woman who is considered despicable in some way, especially one considered to be fat, lazy, ugly, argumentative or spiteful.
- (informal) Anything that is annoyingly difficult.
- That website is a real to navigate.
- (transitive) To intimidate.
- Con artists are not cowed by the law.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cow for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cow