- A style of dress, including garments, accessories, and hairstyle, especially as characteristic of a particular country, period, or people.
verb (costumes, costuming, costumed, costumed)
- The dancer was wearing Highland .
- An outfit or a disguise worn as fancy dress etc.
- She wore a gorilla to the party.
- A set of clothes appropriate for a particular occasion or season.
- The bride wore a grey going-away .
- To dress or adorn with a costume or appropriate garb.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for costume for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of costume