- The result of copying (confer original); an identical duplication.
verb (cop, i, ed)
- Please bring me the copies of those reports.
- An imitation of inferior quality.
- That handbag is a . You can tell because the buckle is different.
- (journalism) The text that is to be typeset.
- (uncountable) The text of newspaper articles.
- Submit all to the appropriate editor.
- A school work pad.
- Tim got in trouble for forgetting his maths .
- A printed edition of a book or magazine.
- Have you seen the latest of "Newsweek" yet?
- (transitive) To produce an object identical to a given object.
Etymology: copie, copia "reproduction, transcript," from copia "plenty, means". It should be noted here of the possible relation of the modern to the hebrew caph. Although kaph means literally "cup", the kaph is also a hebrew letter that acts as a prepositional modifier meaning, appropriately, like or similar to.
- Please these reports for me
- (transitive) To imitate.
- Don't my dance moves.
- Mom, he's copying me!
- (transitive) (context, radio) Receive a transmission successfully.
- Do you ?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for copy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of copy