- The act of touching physically.
- The establishment of communication (with).
- (colloquial) A contact lens.
- (electrical) a device designed for repetitive connections.
Etymology: From contactus, from contingere (to touch on all sides), from tangere (to touch). Used in English since the 17th Century.
- Touch the to ground and read the number again.
- Someone with whom one is in communication.
- The salesperson had a whole binder full of contacts for potential clients.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for contact for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of contact