- That which is permanent or invariable.
- (algebra) A quantity that remains at a fixed value throughout a given discussion.
- (science) Any property of an experiment, determined numerically, that does not change under given circumstances.
- (computing) An identifier that is bound to an invariant value.
Etymology: From constantem.
- unchanged, Unchanged through time or space; permanent.
- consistently, Consistently recurring over time; persistent
- steady, Steady in purpose, action, feeling, etc.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for constant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of constant