verb (consol, ing)
- A cabinet designed to stand on the floor.
- A cabinet that controls, instruments, and displays are mounted upon.
- The keyboard and screen of a computer.
- A storage tray or container mounted between the seats of an automobile.
- A video game console, especially as opposed to a handheld.
- (architecture) An ornamental member jutting out of a wall to carry a superincumbent weight.
- (transitive) To comfort (someone) in a time of grief, disappointment, etc.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for console for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of console