- A logical clause or phrase that a conditional statement uses. The phrase can either be true or false.
- The health status of a medical patient.
- The state of any object, referring to the amount of its wear.
- To undergo the process of acclimation.
Etymology: From Latin conditio, noun of action from perfect passive participle conditus, + noun of action suffix -io
- "I became conditioned to the absence of seasons in San Diego."
- To subject to different conditions, especially as an exercise.
- "They were conditioning their shins in their karate class."
- To shape the behaviour of someone to do something.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for condition for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of condition