verb (conced, ing)
Etymology: concedere "give way, yield," from com- + cedere "to go, grant, give way", from Proto-Indo-European base "to go, yield".
- To yield or suffer; to surrender; to grant; as, to concede the point in question.
- To grant, as a right or privilege; to make concession of.
- To admit to be true; to acknowledge.
- To yield or make concession.
- (Cricket) (of a bowler) to have runs scored off of one's bowling.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for concede for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of concede