verb (compromis, ing)
- settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions
:He tried to compromise the security in the computer by guessing the password.
Etymology: From compromis.
- (intransitive) to bind by mutual agreement
- (intransitive) to find a way between extremes
- (transitive) to cause impairment of
- (transitive) to breach a security system
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for compromise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of compromise