- A short form for combine harvester.
verb (combin, ing)
- We can't finish harvesting because our is stuck in the mud.
- A concern, consortium or syndicate.
- (transitive) to bring (two or more things or activities) together; to unite
Etymology: combiner, from Late combinare "to unite, yoke together," from Latin com-, "together" + bini "two by two"
- Combine the milk and the hot water in a large bowl.
- I'm combining business and pleasure on this trip.
- (transitive) to have two or more things or properties that function together
- Joe combines the intelligence of a rock with the honesty of a politician.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for combine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of combine