- The part of a shirt or jacket that fits around the neck and throat.
- A similar detachable item
- Anything that encircles the neck.
- A band or chain around an animal's neck, used to restrain the animal and/or for identification.
- Make sure your dog has a holding an identification tag.
- See also a Wikipedia article on (w, horse collar).
- A part of harness designed to distribute the load around the shoulders of the draft animal.
- (context, technology) Any encircling device or structure.
- A nylon kept the bolt from damaging the surface underneath.
- (context, in compounds) Of or pertaining to a certain category of professions; see -collar.
- (transitive) To place a collar on.
- Collar and leash your dog.
- To seize or detain.
- To arrest.
- (transitive) To bind in conversation.
- I managed to Fred in the office yesterday.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for collar for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of collar