- (countable) An outer garment covering the upper torso and arms.
- (countable) A covering of material, such as paint.
- (countable) The fur or feathers of animal.
- (context, uncountable, nautical) canvas painted with thick tar and secured round a mast or bowsprit to prevent water running down the sides into the hold (now made of rubber or leather)
- To cover with a coat of some material
- One can buy coated frying pans, which are much easier to wash up than normal ones.
- To cover as a coat.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for coat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of coat