verb (clu, es)
- Any information that may lead one to a certain point or conclusion.
- An object or any kind of marking that may be used as evidence.
- Provide with a clue. usually with "in" or "up".
- Provide someone with important information they lack.
Etymology: Variant of clew "a ball of thread or yarn," with reference to the one Theseus used as a guide out of the labyrinth.
- Smith, clue Jones in on what's been happening.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for clue for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of clue