noun (es, -)
- (countable) A group, collection, category or set sharing characteristics or attributes.
verb (classes, classing, classed)
- The new Ford Fiesta is set to be best in the 'small family' .
- : Often used to imply membership of a large class.
- :: This word has a whole of metaphoric extensions.
- (countable) A social grouping, based on job, wealth, etc. In Britain, society is commonly split into three main classes; upper class, middle class and working class.
- (uncountable) The division of society into classes.
- Jane Austen's works deal with in 18th-century England.
- (uncountable) Admirable behavior; elegance.
- Apologizing for losing your temper, even though you were badly provoked, showed real .
- (context, countable, and, uncountable) A group of students in a regularly scheduled meeting with a teacher.
- The was noisy, but the teacher was able to get their attention with a story.
- A series of classes covering a single subject.
- I took the cooking for enjoyment, but I also learned a lot.
- (countable) A group of students who commenced or completed their education during a particular year. A school class.
- The of 1982 was particularly noteworthy.
- (countable) A category of seats in an airplane, train or other means of mass transportation.
- I used to fly business , but now my company can only afford economy.
- (context, biology, taxonomy, countable) A rank in the classification of organisms, below phylum and above order; a taxon of that rank
- Magnolias belong to the Magnoliopsida.
- (computing) A set of objects possibly differing in state but not behavior.
- (math) A collection of sets definable by a shared property.
- The of all sets is not a set.
- (transitive) To assign to a class.
- I would this with most of the other mediocre works of the period.
Etymology: From (term, classe, lang=fr), from (term, classis, lang=la).
- (context, UK, slang) great; fabulous
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for class for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of class