noun (wikipedia, circus)
- A traveling company of performers that may include acrobats, clowns, trained animals, and other novelty acts, that gives shows usually in a circular tent.
Etymology: From Latin, circus, "ring, circle"
- The circus will be in town next week.
- A round open space in a town or city where multiple streets meet.
- Oxford Circus in London is at the north end of Regent Street.
- (historical) In the ancient Roman Empire, a building for chariot racing.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for circus for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of circus