- (context, countable) a film
- (context, countable) a movie theatre
Etymology: From cinéma, shortening of cinématographe (term coined by the w:Lumière brothers, Lumière brothers in the 1890s) < Ancient Greek (polytonic, ) (kinÄma) "movement"
- The is right across the street from the restaurant.
- (context, filmology, uncountable) film or movies as a group
- Despite the critics, he produced excellent .
- (context, filmology, uncountable) the film and movie industry
- In the long history of Spanish ....
- (context, filmology, uncountable) the art of making films and movies
- Throughout the history of , filmmakers....
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cinema for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cinema