- (uncountable) A pleasing attitude; a nice disposition.
verb (cheers, cheering, cheered)
- They were all in good .
- (countable) A cry expressing joy, approval or support such as "hurray".
- A rose from the crowd.
- (countable) A chant made in support of a team at a sports event.
- (intransitive) To shout a cheer or cheers.
- The crowd cheered in support of the athletes.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cheer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cheer