verb (chat, t, ing)
- (uncountable) Informal conversation.
- A conversation to stop an argument or settle situations.
- An exchange of text or voice messages in real time through a computer network, resembling a face-to-face conversation.
- A conversation on a talk show.
- Any of various small Old World passerine birds in the subfamily Saxicolini that feed on insects.
- To be engaged in informal conversation.
- To talk more than a few words.
- To converse on a talk show.
- To exchange text or voice messages in real time through a computer network, as if having a face-to-face conversation.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of chat