- A manner of transporting or lifting something; the grip or position in which something is carried.
verb (carries, carrying, carried)
- Adjust your from time to time so that you don't tire too quickly.
- (computing) The bit or digit that is carried in an addition.
- (transitive) To lift (something) and take it to another place; to transport (something) by lifting.
- (transitive) To stock or supply (something).
- The corner drugstore doesn't his favorite brand of aspirin.
- (transitive) To adopt (something); take (something) over, take over.
- I think I can carry Smith's work while she is out.
- (transitive) (arithmetic) In an addition, to transfer the quantity in excess of what is countable in the units in a column to the column immediately to the left in order to be added there.
- Five and nine are fourteen; the one to the tens place.
- (transitive) To have or maintain (something).
- Always sufficient insurance to protect against a loss.
- (intransitive) To be transmitted; to travel.
- The sound of the bells carried for miles on the wind.
- (context, transitive, nautical) to capture a ship by coming alongside and boarding
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for carry for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of carry