- One's calling in life; a person's occupation.
- An individual"s work and life roles over their lifespan.
- A jouster, jouster's path during a joust.
- 1819: w:Sir Walter Scott, Sir Walter Scott, w:Ivanhoe, Ivanhoe
- :These knights, therefore, their aim being thus eluded, rushed from opposite sides betwixt the object of their attack and the Templar, almost running their horses against each other ere they could stop their .
- To move rapidly straight ahead, especially in an uncontrolled way
Etymology: Mid 16th century, from carrière (a road or racecourse), from carriera, based on carrus "wheeled vehicle."
- The car careered across the road and went through a hedge.
- (archaic) speed
- in full career
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for career for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of career