- A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.
- Washington D.C. is the of the United States of America.
- The Welsh government claims that Cardiff is Europe"s youngest .
- (economics) money, Money and wealth. The means to acquire goods and services, especially in a non-barter system.
- An uppercase letter.
- (architecture) The uppermost part of a column.
- of prime importance
- (context, British) excellent
Etymology: From the capitalis, "of the head." Use in trade and finance originated in Medieval economies when a common but expensive transaction involved trading heads of cattle.
- That is a idea!
- involving punishment by death
- Not all felonies are crimes.
- One begins a sentence with a letter.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for capital for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of capital