- An outdoor place acting as temporary accommodation in tents or other temporary structures.
- An organised event, often taking place in tents or temporary accommodation.
- A base of a military group, not necessarily temporary.
- A group of people with the same ideals or political leanings, strongly supported.
- An affect, affected, exaggerate, exaggerated or intentionally tasteless style.
- To live in a tent or similar temporary accommodation.
adjective ((compar) camper, (superl) campest)
- We're planning to in the field until Sunday.
- To stay in an advantageous location in a first-person shooter game, for example, next to a power-up or to guard an area.
- The easiest way to win on this map is to the double damage.
- Go and the flag for the win.
- To behave in a camp manner.
- Don't up your performance of Malvolio in Twelfth Night this time.
- (gay slang) To troll for sexual partners.
- Looks like he's going to for some hot bois tonight.
- (gay slang) To chat up a guy in the hopes of getting him into bed.
- You should that cute guy.
Etymology: Via Old French, ultimately from Latin campus.
- theatrical, Theatrical; making exaggerated gestures.
- (context, of a gay man) Ostentatiously effeminate.
- Intentionally tasteless or vulgar, self-parodying.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for camp for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of camp