verb to camouflage (camouflages, camouflaged, camouflaging)
- a disguise or cover up, covering up.
- the act of disguise, disguising.
- (military) The use of natural or artificial material on personnel, objects, or tactical positions with the aim of confusing, misleading, or evading the enemy.<ref>(JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).</ref>
- (fashion) a pattern on clothing consisting of unregularly shaped patches that are either greenish/brownish, brownish/whitish, or bluish/whitish, as used in the army.
Etymology: French camoufler, to veil, disguise
- to hide or disguise something by cover up, covering it up or changing the way it looks.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for camouflage for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of camouflage