noun (calculi, -)
- (countable) (mathematics) Any formal system in which symbolic expressions are manipulated according to fixed rules.
Etymology: calculusLatin, calculus, pebble (used for counting), diminutive of calxLatin, calx, limestone, + diminutive suffix -ulus
- vector calculus
- (uncountable) (analysis) differential calculus, Differential calculus and integral calculus considered as a single subject.
- (countable) (medicine) A stony concretion that forms in a bodily organ.
- renal calculus ( = kidney stone)
- (uncountable) (dentistry) Deposits of calcium phosphate salts on teeth.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for calculus for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of calculus