verb (cadges, cadging or cadgin, cadged, cadged)
- A circular frame on which cadgers carry hawks for sale.
- (context, Geordie) To beg.
Etymology: Possibly a corruption of cage, < .
- "Are ye gannin te a lift of yoer fatha?"
- (context, US, UK, slang) To obtain something by wit or guile; to convince someone to do something they might not normally do.
- (archaic) To carry hawks and other birds of prey.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cadge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cadge