verb (bumps, bumping, bumped)
- A light blow or jolting collision.
- the sound of such a collision
- A protuberance on a level surface.
- A swelling on the skin caused by illness or injury.
- (Rowing) The point, in a race in which boats are spaced apart at the start, at which a boat begins to overtake the boat ahead.
- The swollen abdomen of a pregnant woman
- (internet) A post in an Internet forum thread made in order to raise the thread's profile by returning it to the top of the list of active threads.
- Knock or run into with a jolt.
- (internet) To post in an Internet forum thread in order to raise the thread's profile by returning it to the top of the list of active threads.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bump for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bump