- The physique of an animal's body; the constitution of an animal's body with respect to its skeleton and muscles
verb (builds, building, built, or archaic, builded)
- Rugby players are of sturdy .
- (computing) any of various versions of a software product as it is being developed for release to users
Etymology: From bilden < byldan.
- (transitive) to form by combining materials or parts
- (transitive) to develop or give form to according to a plan or process
- (transitive) to increase or strengthen by adding gradually to
- (transitive) to establish a basis for
- (intransitive) to form by combining materials or parts
- (intransitive) to develop in magnitude or extent
- Related to Old English buan "to dwell".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for build for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of build