- A container made of rigid material, often with a handle, used to carry liquids or small items.
- I need a to carry the water from the well.
- (context, variation management) A mechanism for avoiding the allocation of targets in cases of mismanagement.
- The amount held in this container.
- The horse drank a whole of water.
- Part of a piece of machinery that resembles a .
- (slang) An old car that is not in good working order.
- (context, basketball, colloquial) The basket.
- The forward drove to the .
- (context, basketball, colloquial) A field goal.
- ''We can't keep giving up easy buckets.
- (intransitive) (colloquial) To rain heavily.
Etymology: From boket; compare with Anglo-Saxon buc "belly, pitcher", or Cornish buket "tub".
- It"s really bucketing down out there.
- (intransitive) (colloquial) To travel very quickly.
- The boat is bucketing along.
- (transitive) To place inside a bucket.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bucket for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bucket