::In the Panhandle Area, bison eat browse that includes mesquite and elm. -- http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/learning/resources/activities/bison/bisonfood1.phtml Texas Parks and Wildlife Service, 2007
verb (brows, ing)
- The shrub and tree parts eaten by browsing animals.
Etymology: From brouster, from broster.
- To scan, to casually look through in order to find items of interest, especially without knowledge of what to look for beforehand.
- To move about while sampling, such as with food or products on display.
- (computing) To successively load hyperlinked documents on a computer, usually with a browser.
- (context, of an animal) To move about while eating parts of plants, especially plants other than pasture, such as shrubs or trees.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for browse for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of browse