- (uncountable) What comes out of an egg.
- The young of certain animals, especially a group of young birds or fowl hatched at one time and cared for by the same mother.
- The children in one family.
- To keep an egg warm to make it hatch.
- To dwell upon moodily and at length.
- to protect
- He sat brooding about the upcoming battle, fearing the outcome.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for brood for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of brood