Etymology: Back formed from broken English
- (pejorative) A politcally incorrect, alternative, name for Torres Strait Creole.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Broken for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Broken
- (past participle of, break)
- bent, Bent to the point of coming apart, but not necessarily in separate pieces.
- My arm is
- Not working properly.
- I think my shaver is .
- Completely defeated and dispirited.
- The bankruptcy and divorce, together with the death of his son, left him completely .
- (context, software, colloquial) badly, Badly designed or implemented.
- This is the most application I've seen in a long time.
- (sports) A single tactic or option which is powerful enough to be considered overpowered.
- (meteorology) Of the sky, five eighths to seven eighths obscured by clouds.
- (meteorology) Of clouds, covering five eighths to seven eighths of the sky.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for broken for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of broken