verb (broadcasts, broadcasting, broadcast)
- A transmission of a radio or television programme that can be received by anyone with a receiver.
- A programme so transmitted.
- (dated) The act of scattering seed.
Etymology: broad + cast
- To transmit a message or signal via radio waves or electronic means
- To transmit a message over a wide area
- (archaic) To sow seeds over a wide area
- To send an email in a single transmission to a (typically large) number of people
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for broadcast for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of broadcast