- a failure, particularly mechanical; something that has failed
Etymology: break + down
- We saw a by the side of the road.
- a lapse of mental stability
- After so much stress, he simply suffered a and gave up.
- further detail or categorization
- ''Looking at the of the budget, I see a few items we could cut.
- (Chemistry:) Breaking of chemical bonds within a compound to produce simpler compounds or elements.
- a musical technique, by where the music is stripped down, becoming simpler, and can vary in heaviness depending on the genre
- synonym: degradation
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for breakdown for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of breakdown